Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Surprise!

It was a surprise birthday for my brother Ben (or Uncle Gna, according to Jane) this year! Bridget orchestrated an awesome shin dig at my folks' place and Joe/Aja, and Chris/Jane/me all drove in late the night before Ben's birthday and then surprised him in the morning. However, the biggest surprise came when my brother Danny and his girlfriend Katie (who live in Bellingham, Washington) pulled into the drive way 1/2 hour before the actual party started. They had decided the night before to hop in the car and make the 16+ hour drive from Bellingham to Mariposa. A great surprise for us all! By Sunday afternoon we were all making our way back home, but not before we went for a dip at one of our old swimming holes...so much fun.

Jane enjoying a little time with Dusty, pre-party!

H A P P Y C A K E T I M E ! ! !



Early in the evening, the party took a wild turn.


Another awesome surprise, my cousin Hayley was able to make it to the party. Hayley is spending the summer working at a law firm in Fresno and Joe and Aja picked her up on their way up the hill. It was great to see Hayley, and I know Jane really enjoyed getting to know her.

Playing with Uncle Danny.

Relaxing at Hornet.




No comments:

Post a Comment